Saturday, August 28, 2021

Some Kind of Garden to Table Bullshit

 Last year, moving to a small town in Skagit County, I had the requisite naïve fantasies about local food garden-to-table grubbings. Well, after some months of angry weeping, I can report that I've had a few "successes." I'll briefly share one with my ever-expanding fan base (Srsly, leave me alone already).


When you harvest the squash too soon because, uh, you cut the vines by mistake


1. Cut the squash off the vines and set aside.

2. Pinch or snip all small (smaller than the palm of your hand) tender unblemished leaves, tiny squash, cute tendrils, flowers, and flower buds off the vine.

2.5 Wash these things carefully, peeps.

3. Cut up a few cloves of garlic.

4. Heat up a sauce pan on medium. Throw in the garlic. Stir and get it to look a bit translucent.

5. Toss in the squash vine bits and bobs.

6. Stir.

.7. Add some vegetable broth, salt, and MSG. 

8. Observe. It is done when the bits and bobs look pleasantly edible to you.

9. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes to taste.

10. Consume with aplomb.

Oopsie

Yummie



No comments:

Post a Comment