Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Maybe I Should Post Something About Ice Cream

I'll vacuum a few cobwebs from this site and spruce it up for a moment with a new post.


Recently I made some strawberry ice cream. Here's how things went down:


INGREDIENTS

1.5 cups fresh strawberries

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup whole milk

1/2 teaspoon Stevia (or 1/2 cup white sugar for the stevia-phobes)

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

2 Tablespoons vodka


DIRECTIONS

Put it all in a blender and blend until relatively smooth. Pour into your ice cream churn and churn until it looks like a texture you can live with. Spoon into a shallow freezable container and freeze.

Ice cream blobs


I was lazy about the level of blending but it turned out pretty tasty. Obviously I didn't bother to take any good photos but a video of some churning excitement is HERE on my Instagram account. I suppose if you wanted to go vegan with this you could likely use a combination of coconut milk and cashew butter instead of the milk and heavy cream, but I am unsure what the texture would be like. Why don't you try it out and let me know how it goes? 






No comments:

Post a Comment